Registration, CPR-number and Health Insurance

When you are going to live and work in Denmark, you must register with your municipality of residence and have a civil registration number (‘CPR’ number’) issued.

You register with the Citizens’ Service in Hjørring. 

In order to be able register your place of residence in Denmark, you need to be able to meet the following requirements:

  • Your stay in Denmark must be more than 3 months
  • You must have bought or rented a home in Denmark
  • You must have been issued with a residence permit/certificate of registration (Nordic Citizens exempt)

Apply for the CPR-number (National Registration of Persons)

Danish Health Insurance

Citizen's Service