Apply for the CPR-number

In order to register with the National Register of Persons, you have to show up in person at the Citizens’ Service Unit in Hjørring.

You have to bring:

  • Passport
  • Your national id-number
  • Proof of your civil status (marital status documentation, divorce papers, widowhood)
  • Birth certificate if you have children

Cross-border Commuters that do not meet the above requirements can still register for a special health insurance in Denmark, if you provide the Citizens’ Service with:

  • A copy of your employment contract with your Danish employer
  • Your ‘taxed at the source’ civil registration number (a ‘CPR’ number)