Moving Out

When moving out of a rented apartment, please refer to your tenancy agreement for the conditions for terminating your tenancy.

Your tenancy agreement will lay down the conditions for terminating your tenancy. You will normally have to give three months notice - it is always a good idea to give your notice in writing.

A mutual inspection is normal procedure. Read the electricity, water and heating metres and send the readings to your utility suppliers or your landlord.

All municipal authorities have a registry of residents. If you move, you must therefore inform your local Citizens' Service to inform them of your change of adress. This must be done no later than five days after moving. You can do this electronically by logging onto You can also obtain a special folder from your local post office containing all the necessary papers.