EU and EEA Citizens

Citizens from the EU and EEA (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) and Switzerland.

As an EU citizen you may freely enter Denmark and remain in the country for up to 3 months without an EU residence document (registration certificate). If you are a job-seeker, you may reside in Denmark for up to 6 months without a registration certificate. The periods of 3 and 6 months are calculated from the date of entry.

If you expect that your stay in Denmark will last more than 3 months, you have to apply for an EU Registration Certificate before the expiry of the three months. An EU registration certificate is your proof that as an EU citizen - or as family member of an EU citizen - you have a right to reside in Denmark. The certificate is not issued for a specific duration and will remain valid for as long as the conditions on which it was issued continue to apply.

We recommend that you apply for the EU Registration Certificate during the opening hours of the 'International Citizens Service' in Aalborg. All the authorities a foreign employee typically needs to contact are represented at International Citizen Service in Aalborg. This means that besides applying for your registration certificate, you can apply for a tax card. You can also have a talk with WorkinDenmark about the living and working conditions in Denmark, finding a job for your partner, student jobs, Danish driver's license and much more. 

Read more about the EU Registration Certificate

Information about the 'International Citizens Service'