Nordic Citizens

Citizens of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden are free to enter, reside, study and work in Denmark. They do not need a visa, residence or work permit.

If you are going to stay in Hjørring Municipality for more than 6 months, you need to register with the municipality. You can read more about this here

Bringing your family
If your family members are Nordic Citizens, they do not need to apply for family reunification. They can enter and reside in Denmark in accordance with the regulations for Nordic Citizens.

If your family members are EU/EEA Citizens, they have to apply for a proof of registration or residence card under the EU regulations. You can learn more about the rules for EU/EEA Citizens here or you can contact the Regional State Administration for additional information.

If your family members come from third countries, they must apply for a residence permit under the regulations of the Danish Aliens Act. The Immigration Service can provide you with additional information.

Read more about the requirements for family reunification.