Third Country Citizens

As a citizen of a non-Nordic/EU/EEA country, as a general rule, you must hold a residence and work permit in order to reside and work in Denmark.

Whether you can obtain a residence and work permit depends first and foremost on your qualifications. A number of schemes have been designed in order to make it possible for highly qualified professionals to get a residence and work permit in Denmark. You can find further information about these schemes by following the link below.

Applications for residence permits must normally be handed in to a Danish Representative Office in your country of origin or the country you have been living for the last three months (a Danish representative office is an embassy or a consulate general in your home country).

However, in certain cases applications may or must be initiated in Denmark. Below you can find detailed information on applying for work and residence permits, as well as links to the necessary forms to be used.

How to apply for a Residence Permit